gpsd-dev

Re: ZED-F9P and PPP processing

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ZED-F9P and PPP processing
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 09:34:36 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Most processing sites will reject dual-frequency observations that
>> only have data for a single channel, so NRCan throws out all the -F9*
>> observations from the older satellites.  That results in more epochs
>> without enough birds to do a solution.
>
> Should gpsrinex have an option to not include L2C data?

Huge can of worms here.  Basically, gpsrinex should not turn into an
arbitrary RINEX processing tool.  Really  what we want is

  gpsrinex foo.ubx | rinexgrep -v L2C

but it remains to write rinexgrep.  A lot of the problem is that people
were willing to use teqc for years, which is proprietary software to
process RINEX, and of course it should have been open source, but it is
tangled up with proprietary information for some receiver formats.
However, a lot of it is just RINEX, and that's been collateral damage in
being kept proprietary.