gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 09:03:08 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> How do people feel today about a release?
>
> Everything I care about is good to go.

I think it's in good shape.

> About the only possibly blocking issue I can think of is the
> gpsfake issues in some of the pipelines.
>
> Is it:
>       a) fixed
>         b) almost fixed
>         c) can't be easily fixed

My imression is that it's some blend of a/c.

> Any other blocking issues?

I am having problems running regression tests, on NetBSD-8/amd64,
whereas very recently they were fine.

The in-progress test is crazy big:

-rw-r--r--  1 gdt  wheel  8.1G Dec 24 08:56
/tmp/gpsd-test-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.B7OWcrJ0/test-2801.chk

and then diff gets unhappy wanting 8G of ram.

However, I recently installed a 2.7 version of scons because of some
other program, and that could be it.  (pkgsrc insists on using scons with
the same python version as the program that is being built normally; I'm
not clear on the extent to which this is necessary.)  I'll flip back to
3.7, which is what I'm testing gpsd with.