gpsd-dev

✘GPS WKRO workaround

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: ✘GPS WKRO workaround
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 16:50:43 -0800

Yo All!

I just pushed a small change to gpsd.  Small except it changed 75
regressions.

gpsd now takes the current GPS leap second, falling back to the
compiled in (currently wrong) leap second, and uses that to
disambiguate the correct GPS epoch, and thus the current date.

This fixes the current issue with some Garmin 18x that thinks it is in
the last epoch (exactly 1024 weeks ago), and a lot of other NMEA
receivers with similar problems.

The downside is the 75 older regressions that also get reflected into
the current GPS epoch.  Seems to me that prioritizing live data
correctness over old data correctness is the better evil.

Maybe someone will come up with a way to put the correct GPS epoch
in a regression log.

Please test.  This is the last major change before a good place to cut
a new release.  There are a few Trimble bugs still to fix, but they
should only affect the very small group of Trimble users.  Trimble
is already way better than what was in 3.19.

Anything else that shold be addressed before next release?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588