gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ✘u-blox NED

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ✘u-blox NED
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 18:02:56 -0700

Yo All!

I just pushed a new set of u-blox patches to git head.

You can now "ubxtool -P 20 NED".  That turns on UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED and
UBX-NAV-RELNED messages at 1 second intervals.  The new data is
included in the TPV JSON.

RELNED needs protocol version 15+.  Lightly tested.  I don't really
see any reason to use the data from this message...

RELPOSNED needs 20+ and a High Precision u-blox.  Mainly for base/rover
usage.  I do not have an HP module so that is not tested.

No client, pther than gpspipe, uses the new data yet.

Please test if you have an HP module.

This shows up a bug in the u-blox code.  When you enable or disable an
unsupported message type the GPS neither ACKs or NACKs.  That pretty much
cripples the usage of ACK/NACK.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588