gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] cfmakeraw part 2

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] cfmakeraw part 2
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:27:56 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you first see waht this says:
>       fgrep -r cfmakeraw /usr/include
>
> Every other OS seems to have cfmakeraw() in there somewhere...

Apparently not cygwin, and POSIX does not specify cfmakeraw.

These days, most of the Solaris codebase lives on (as Free Software)
under the name Illumos.  A variant of that, SmartOS, is used by joyent
in their cloud offering, and that uses pkgsrc as the standard packaging
system.  So we have a lot of fixes found by building on Solaris, while
which I'm sure include some Solaris bugs, seem to be mostly beyond-POSIX
assumptions.

Fix pushed; should not affect other than __sun, and be easier to extend
if a third system without cfmakeraw appears.  (Really this should be in
configure with HAVE_CFMAKERAW, but that seems like more work than the
expected value of special casing.)