gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:30:38 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:05:32 -0400
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just built git head on NetBSD 8 amd64 and it seems to build fine,
> without any apparent warnings.

Cool.

> However, I am out of practice from building since the switch to scons
> and it was not finding python, and pkgsrc works around the use of
> "#!/usr/bin/env python" (which is a bug because it finds some random
> python at runtime, not the specific python the package was built
> with).

Uh.  Not a bug.  That is mandated by PEP 394, and others.  IMHO it is a
fantastic innovation that all OS should not only tolerate, but embrace.

gpsd is not going to ignore upstreams standards.

> I ran "scons dist", hoping that  it would do what "make dist" did in
> autoconf,

It does.  See the instructions at the top of SConstruct.

> and got:

Uh, oh.

New issue: https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/issues/9

>   cons: done reading SConscript files.
>   scons: Building targets ...
>   scons: *** [dist] AttributeError : 'bytes' object has no attribute
> 'get_ninfo' scons: building terminated because of errors.

I see the same.  Gotta fix that to make the release tar ball.

> If there is an alpha tarball posted, or if there's an easy way to
> "make dist", I can take that and try it with the pkgsrc machinery.

Do "scons tarball".

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588