gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Gitlab project is private

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Gitlab project is private
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 08:05:36 -0400

Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:
> Eric,
>
> I played around with trying to do things on the gpsd project page, till it
> gave me an explicit error: This feature is only available on Public
> projects, your project is Private.

It was never Private at any time I saw - first thing I checked. Any notfication
like that is evidence of a GitLab bug.

What was going on is that the *repository* was private.  I have a guess that
Mark Atwood nmight have created the project private initially, realized his
mistake, and changed it to Public later.  But Gitlab initially set the
repo to Privare and didn't flip that toggle along with the project
visibility.

Everyting seems to be public now.