gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Upcoming migration to GitLab

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Upcoming migration to GitLab
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 20:38:02 +0200

On 5/18/19 4:04 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Christian Gagneraud <address@hidden>:
>> Do you have any plan for the CI jobs? (build, test, regression, sanity
>> check, ...)
>> The best, IMHO, is to run your own CI runner if you have the resources.

Is ther a free CI runner? I've never used the official gitlab since we
have salsa.debian.org.

Salsa actually has some CI runners, so in the worst case we could have a
mirror there and run things on the Debian infrastructure.

A CI runner basically need a kubernetes login somewhere. If I find some
time I'll run my own k8s soonish, should be enough for a runner, too.

> We'll migrate them over of course - such things are not difficult to do on
> GitLab.  But I didn't write those bits and don't know the details of what
> they're doing.

I know some bits of gitlab CI stuff thanks to salsa.debian.org, I'm
happy to help if necessary.

Actualyl i could imagine that we build debian packages automatically,
but that would require to pull the Debian CI images - not sure if that
is possible on the normal gitlab CI.