gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: ntpsec | Pipeline #54712342 has failed for master | a

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: ntpsec | Pipeline #54712342 has failed for master | a94224fd
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 13:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:

I changed your osx_lib_tool code again.  For scons 3.0.5 compatibility.
I think this time it is correct.  Please check it out.

It works for now, though storing config-related settings in global variables instead of environment variables is incompatible with cross-building. Admittedly, anything relying on CheckProg() is likely to have cross-building issues, but storing the results improperly makes it worse.

NTPsec is having an OSX bug.  Maybe similar to your gpsd bug?  Does
the below ring any bells?

No, it's unrelated. The osx_lib_tool thing has to do with getting the proper absolute paths into the shared libraries, so that programs that link against them know where to find them at runtime. It doesn't affect any of the bundled programs, since they're all statically linked.

The *right* place for that is probably SCons, since it's the sort of platform-specific detail that it's supposed to take care of for you.

MacPorts added a version of that a while back, once someone discovered that (dynamically) linking their own program against libgps didn't work. But it's better to put it here, instead of relying on MacPorts to clean up after it.

I bisected the ntpsec failure to 9eae92b6.

Fred Wright