gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Purpose of LIBPATH Overrides

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Purpose of LIBPATH Overrides
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:10:40 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Jon Schlueter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Since the complete diff for SConstruct contains several patches for
> > different purposes, it probably makes more sense to send git commits for
> > individual patches, rather than plain diffs.  If this were GitHub, I'd
> > push my commits to my own fork and then send a pull request, but AFAICT
> > Savannah has no "fork" feature, so I guess one needs to use the "commit
> > email" approach (as the closest approximation to "moderated commits").
>

> If you have a github account and push the patches up there to a fork of
> your
> own I can help get them pulled into the savanah repo.  A manual pull request
> email specifying repo, branch and reason are sane enough in these days.

OK, I set that up.  I guess in retrospect I could have just pulled from
Savannah and pushed to GitHub, but having already set it up as a fork of
your repo I'll leave it that way.

Regarding the original topic of this thread, it turns out that the
"LIBPATH='.'" overrides also break dbus linking on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and
NetBSD, and removing them fixes it.  So I guess the only platform *not*
broken by those is Linux. :-) Between that and the deafening silence
regarding the motivation for "LIBPATH='.'", I'm assuming that taking them
out is appropriate.

I now have all *my* SConstruct patches as tested git commits, though there
are still a couple that I brought forward from 3.14 that need some further
investigation.  I'll submit a pull request on GitHub and then post the
link here (in a new thread).

Fred Wright