gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release

From: Michael A. Meffie III
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:46:03 -0500

Alan Horkan wrote:

> Are the glade files in CVS somewhere rather than in the tarball

Opps. the glade files are missing from the tarball (they are
available in CVS).  I just added them to the makefile, so future
tarballs will include the glade files.

> and if the UI is being generate from Glade why not use libglade
> and use the files directly? (I was under the belief that code
> generation had been ripped out of glade and the recommended
> approach was now to use libglade).

I heard the same, but I don't know why. Wouldn't there be a
run-time dependency on the glade files? Sounds scary to me.

> Looking through the various features in image_procssing.c (with a view to
> addding another convultion matrix if I could) i noticed there was an
> Invert funtion that didn't have a corresponding menu item.
> If it works it could do with a menu item but I didn't try adding one.

Interesting. Perhaps I should look at the xpaint source. The
effect code was ported from xpaint.

> I figure if Glade is good enough for applications like Gnumeric and
> Abiword and it helps keep development and maintaince relatively easy
> then it should be held on to.

Ok, for now we will continue to use glade.

> > > if it can be easily done without causing instability I'd
> > > like to allow a greater range of line sizes.

Your comment made me notice the current line width widget is not being
displayed on this latest build. :(