gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] menu restructuring proposal

From: Alan Horkan
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] menu restructuring proposal
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:44:39 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Michael A. Meffie III wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:07:56 -0400
> From: Michael A. Meffie III <address@hidden>
> To: Alan Horkan <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] menu restructuring proposal
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dev/gpaint/gpaint-2.0.2.3a/ui.c
> > Sorry I know it is not in patch format (and I'm unlikely to be
> > resubmitting it properly formatted anytime soon) but I hope it is still of
> > some use
>
> Thank you Alan, I will take a look.  gpaint2 development has been
> simmering on the backburner far too long :)

I know how that goes, I've been promising to finish another set of shapes
for Dia for years now.

> I just got a new laptop and installed debian on it for gpaint2 development.

I'd really like to see if we could get gpaint2 included with Ubuntu, if
not Gnome itself.

I was thinking about wholesale replacing the gpaint2 icons with equivalent
gtk/gimp icons (because it is relatively easy and within my ability) but
it offends me sense of correctness, I know properly impleneting the icon
theme specification is what is really needed.

I hope I can at least provide some enthusiastic cheerleading to encourage
other to keep improving gpaint.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/