gossip-general

materialistic

From: Bertram Clayton
Subject: materialistic
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:10:08 +0900

Markham gave him every detail and also informed him ofLeander Pfyfe.
He was busy cutting and lightinghis cigar. Frank Crane to a problemin spherical trigonometry. Clair opened her vanity case andpowdered her nose. Y know, I was afraid for a moment youwere actully going to send for the manacles. Tracy ran down the owner of the handbag and found outshed been to dinner with Benson that night. I have my own, thank you, she informed him.
Vance assumed an air of gushing credulousness.
But, despite your superiordistrust, its good corroboratory evidence nevertheless. Ive asked myself the same question a dozen times since, sheconfessed dolefully.
Im sorry, said Markham, but it is necessary that I keep them forthe present.
Think of theopportunities we have every day to murder people we dislike!
They either dont knowanything or theyre giving a swell imitation of a lot of clams.
Markham stood up, controlling himself with effort. He was short, a trifle stout,and exuded an atmosphere of studied suavity. And if you attempt to leave, you WILL be arrested. The mind inclined to what is false rejects the nobler course,murmured Vance, with a sigh.
Butalmost immediately she had reassumed her role of playfulindifference. His name is Leander Pfyfe, and he lives, I think,at Port Washington. Well, Im most certainly going to question her, replied Markhamfirmly, glancing at his watch.
Oh, on the contrry, Vances tone was unruffled. Markham adopted an attitude of affable forbearance. This weird notion is even explained on somerecondite and misty psychological ground. There were also several filing cabinets in the roomand a large safe. If you can find him in the telephone book, you neednt godown personally.
The cigarettebutts may, y know, be evidence of a previous conversazione. Nobody couldve done it but a burglar who didnt know good oldAl. You were very kind to lend me my cigarette holder, she saidpleasantly, laying it on his desk.