goptical

Re: [Goptical] Configure Error on Install

From: Szymon Matuszczak
Subject: Re: [Goptical] Configure Error on Install
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 21:33:41 +0200

Hi Dibyendu,

I saw your post on the list regarding the alive-ness of Goptical and your fork, but haven't replied because of some reason. I don't know is it dead or not, I've joined the list about year ago when I was looking for some software that would allow to simulate phase-shift laser beam cancelation. Unfortunately GNU Optical isn't suitable for this task. By the way, how deep are modifications in your fork and would it be able to do such thing in the future?

All the best
Simon

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 16:34, fritz <fsonnichsen@whoi.edu> wrote:

> I am a first time user trying to install goptical. (goptical-1.0)
> I am trying to run the configure on an ubuntu machine and I get the
> following error:
>
> checking for Goptical/common.hh... no
> configure: error: GNU Goptical core library headers not found
> configure: error: ./configure failed for goptical_design

Hi, please have a look at the forks as official GNU Optical seems dead.

https://github.com/galchinsky/goptical
https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/goptical

The last one is mine.

Regards