goptical

[Goptical] Finding magnification of a multilens design

From: Kustaa Nyholm
Subject: [Goptical] Finding magnification of a multilens design
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:36:23 +0000

Hi,

I'm not an optics designer, rather a software programmer, so bear with me.

I've successfully managed to simulate a four lens imaging system with Goptical.

I get the nice 2D layout that show principle  and marginal rays.

But my real question is how do I find out the magnification?

The general context is that I want to create piece of software that
will iteratively optimise some of the lens parameters to achieve
a given magnification ratio with given constraints.

Also I can't figure out how to add additional rays.

I tried something like (I'm working from the tessar.cc example):

    Light::Ray
ray(Math::VectorPair3(Math::Vector3(0,0,0),Math::Vector3(0,0.5,1)));
    std::cout << ray << std::endl;
    source_rays.add_ray(ray);

but this ended in segfault.

wbr Kusti

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden. We will not be liable for direct, indirect, special or consequential
damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on or as of transmission of this
e-mail in general.