[Gomp-discuss] parser and so on .. odinMP

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] parser and so on .. odinMP
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:08:16 +0100

 Hi,

I have been looking at the odinMP lexer/parser/compiler .. and since they have done the whole conversion as a preprocessing stage it's fairly straightforward.

Their cvs is not working, but they have tarballs ( of which I am looking at the latest ).

Preliminarily, it doesn't look as if it will be of major help, since they do subroutines, not parallell code regions, but it might be of help as for the work involved.

  What they have is a lexer in flex and a parser in yacc ...

Currently I'm looking into the 'compiler' ( code converter ), to see how they handle stuff, ( mainly the scoping and such ).

Also, I think that perhaps we should collect some benchmarking/testing code at as erly a stage as possible, I can come up with some code from a real world simulation, which is thoroughtly documented ( also the speedup on an Hitachi supercomp. ).

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.