[Gomp-discuss] Stupid suggestion ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Stupid suggestion ..
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:38:20 +0100

Since we are going to modify the parser & a lot more, how about confining ourself to gcc/gcc/gomp/ and build a new driver ! Using our frontends ? i.e. instead of gcc <sources> one would write gomp <sources>

The rationalle for this would be that we could keep a private set of files that would be searched first ( in the path while building ), and use the bulk of the source from the usual places.

 so if the cc1 forntend consisted of the source files

 a.c b.c c.c

 and we had a modified b.c we would make the build do a

 gcc a.b gomp/b.c c.c instead of gcc a.c b.c c.c

 It's just a way to live in the regular tree in an nonintrusuve way.

I'm just a bit woried over the modifications to the rest of the frontend, an alternative would be to bild omp enabled frontends, and slightly modify gcc to take a new switch to use these ?

 good or bad idea ?

 / Lars Segerlund.