Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:57:45 -0500

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  What I am wondering is how is fx. source lines propagated ( wint gcc
> -g ) to the lowe layers ?

The parser emits line number information in the trees.  In the
tree-ssa branch the mechanism is a bit different than mainline,
but essentially there is a locus object that is added to the
tree.  It contains filename and linenumber for that
expression/statement.

>  Is this a mechanism we could use instead of writing our own frontends etc.
>
>  As for FORTRAN how far does a comment go ?

Comments are stripped out of the source by the pre-processor.
I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Diego.