gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] ... future plans ;)

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] ... future plans ;)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:48:29 +0200

Hey Johnny,

On Montag 18 August 2003 00:33, Johnny Cache wrote:
> > > W.I.P.
> > > - remove libgtop dep
>
> Hehe i dont know why you guys worry so much about dependencies. If you ran
> a superior distribution such as gentoo you wouldnt have to worry about
> that installing software nonsense. ;)

you are right ....... but not everyone is using gentoo (which makes installing
really easy). The less deps the more easy it will be for our users and if
users
cannot compile it at the first try you will loose about 50% of them i guess ;)
If we can get the same informations without libgtop then let's remove it
(as JP suggested)

> Best Regards
> -jc

howdy,

Matt
... has a gentoo development-box too here
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"Unix _is_ user friendly.  It's just very selective about who its
friends are.  And sometimes even best friends have fights."