gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] .plan

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] .plan
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:06:45 +0200

Hi all.

Max And I are keepin' on codin'...
ASAP we'll modify the getLoad() function in libgomd as Matt said.

So:
- ligomd: will have get[Info] functions via the "netcode" (TCPStreams)
- gomd:  will have get[Info] functions reading the values directly by
/proc/hpc interface (we'll move here the code already built).

Max is working on the parser so a client will be able to ask something like
getLoad("1-10;27") to a gomd daemon.
In the meantime, I'll read the commoncpp docs to design some simple APIs for
the netcode.

Some hints for the netcode?
What kind of API would you like?

I'd like to create something like two (or more) hidden netcode APIs like:
- int sendRequest (const char* request);
- char* receiveAnswer();
(these functions are "hidden" because a programmer will be allowed to see
only high-level APIs like get[INFO]() functions)

Waitin' for reply... :)

Bye.

<JP>