gnuzilla-dev

Re: DRM Content link in about:preferences#general

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: DRM Content link in about:preferences#general
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 00:21:01 -0400

Hi Antonio,

"Antonio T. sagitter" <sagitter@fedoraproject.org> writes:
> I wish to point the "Learn more" link of DRM Content in
> about:preferences#general to the webpage
> https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-drm.html.en

Does IceCat in Fedora show that setting?  I don't see anything about
"DRM Content" in <about:preferences#general> in IceCat as built by GNU
Guix.

Do you have "ac_add_options --disable-eme" in your mozconfig?  If not,
please consider adding it.  Alternatively, if you're using the
'configure' script, passing "--disable-eme" also works.

> What change is needed in IceCat?

See "drmInfoURL" in browser/components/preferences/main.js for the
relevant code.  As it is now, it looks like it goes to:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/drm-content

      Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.