gnuzilla-dev

packaging icecat; compiles but build process deletes extensions

From: ornx
Subject: packaging icecat; compiles but build process deletes extensions
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 05:11:10 +0000

Hi all,

I am attempting to package GNU IceCat for NixOS, and the whole thing compiles
and runs except that the Firefox build process deletes the GNUzilla extensions,
so the resulting installation does not have any of the extensions it is
supposed to come with. Having looked at the build error and source code a bit,
I can see the script packager.py is calling copier.py, which is deleting them
because they are not "registered". I don't understand why it is doing this,
because all of the extensions are definitely present in the package-manifest.in
file - does that script have some other conception of "registering" files?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have attached a log file which contains the
last part of the failed build output.