gnuzilla-dev

Re: key in makeicecat not available

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: key in makeicecat not available
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 16:52:34 -0500

Hi Jens,

[ re-arranging replies to follow bottom-posting ]

Jens Korte <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Sun, 12 Jan 2020 21:13:13 +0100
> schrieb Jens Korte <address@hidden>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I downloaded the makeicecat script [1] version 68 (68.4.1-gnu1) and
>> started the script. After downloading the tar.gz file the script wants
>> to verify the gpg key. It can't download it, because in devuan gpg
>> tries to use tor, which isn't running. I looked manually at [2] at got
>> "Not found". How can I get the key manually?
>>
>> Jens
>>

>> [1]
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git/plain/makeicecat?h=68&id=2d1b1bc45fdae5a99c4e8ea25593ebb9c8d7bfdf
>> [2]
>> https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=14F26682D0916CDD81E37B6D61B7B526D98F0353&fingerprint=on&op=index
>>

> I solved this in an unsecure manner:
>
> wget https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/68.4.1esr/KEY
> gpg --import  KEY
> in makeicecat.sh I commented out #gpg --recv-keys ...

Indeed, as the KEY file itself suggests, it’s best to not rely on that
file alone and to cross-check the key with other key servers.

The only issue with your [2] link is that it’s missing the ‘0x’ prefix,
which most key server web interfaces seem to require/assume to be part
of the search input, and sadly fail to return the result if it’s absent.

So, any of the following links should work:

https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=0x14F26682D0916CDD81E37B6D61B7B526D98F0353&fingerprint=on&op=index
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=0x14F26682D0916CDD81E37B6D61B7B526D98F0353&op=index
https://gpg.mozilla.org/pks/lookup?search=0x14F26682D0916CDD81E37B6D61B7B526D98F0353&op=vindex

You should then be able to grab the public key by clicking on the key
fingerprint on any of the pages linked above.

Hope this helps,

-amin