gnuzilla-dev

Re: New help-gnuzilla list + integrating bug-gnuzilla with the GNU Bug T

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: New help-gnuzilla list + integrating bug-gnuzilla with the GNU Bug Tracker
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:44:02 -0500

Hi Bill,

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> wrote:
> i figured it was worth mentioning that as far as anyone who is
> interested in reporting bugs properly is concerned, the gnuzilla
> bug tracker is, and always has been on savannah

We intend to use Debbugs to track Gnuzilla and IceCat bugs from now on.

  https://bugs.gnu.org/gnuzilla

> if the debbugs system is intended to replace the savannah bug tracker,
> maybe the savannah bug tracker should be disabled

Even after we close all of the existing open bugs on Savannah, it will
still remain an historical record of past bugs.  For that reason, I'm
not sure it should be completely disabled.  Ideally, it should remain
possible for users to browse and search past bugs indefinitely.

However, it would be good to somehow make it clear to users browsing on
Savannah that the Savannah bug tracker for Gnuzilla is of historical
interest only, and should not be used to report new bugs or to look for
recent bug reports.

What do you think?

      Thanks,
        Mark