No more support for GNUstep on FreeBSD

From: bruce
Subject: No more support for GNUstep on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 08:14:28 -0700

I’m restarting a project of mine; it took some time to replace my dev computer when it died. But now that I've gotten a new pc, I find GCD (libdispatch) is no longer available on FreeBSD.  The Freshports page, https://www.freshports.org/devel/libdispatch/, shows the reason is the port expired on 5/5/2020, so when I reinstalled it was no longer available. It states that the build was broken for more than 6 months, and when I look at the GNUstep entry, there is no longer a maintainer for GNUstep on FreeBSD.

Are there plans to reinstate support for FreeBSD? I can cope with GNUsteps out of date documentation, but this lack of support is a hard stop for my project.

bruce