Re: GNUstep releases this month?

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: GNUstep releases this month?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 18:41:47 +0100

Am 22.03.2021 um 18:19 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@frithmacdonald.me.uk>:

I was just looking at that.  The tests are passing for me on debian-10 (gcc) and fedora-33 (with both gcc and clang with libobjc2 from some months ago)

That’s good at least.

I'm guessing that the issue is a recent libobjc2 one though.

This libobjc2 change would fit timing-wise, as it was done 2 days before my commits but after the previous commits in Base that were still passing:
https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/commit/73132a6c9832d939f190742a326663a7dcebd339

I saw that in [GSFileHandle dealloc] we are calling -retain, which seems unusual – not sure if that is supported by the runtime? If not, since we’re throwing an exception anyway maybe we could just remove that call, or implement the singleton differently by overriding retain/release?

Also that test seems a bit misguided, as we’re calling release on an autoreleased object...

Frederik