Re: ANN: GNUstep Windows MSVC Toolchain Scripts

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Windows MSVC Toolchain Scripts
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:58:05 +0000

That's great news, congratulations!

If you look at the build for libobjc2 on Windows, because we're using a CMake version that predates official support for either Objective-C or using the gcc-compatible driver, we have the same problem with /TP being added. We work around this with an undocumented feature of clang where you can provide an environment variable that removes flags from the command line. You can probably set that in your Visual Studio build. Setting this strips the TC and TP flags from clang invocations:

CCC_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS=x-TC x-TP x/TC x/TP

It would be great at some point to remove the pthread-w32 dependency. SRWLocks and ConditionVariables on Windows seem to provide everything we need for NSLock* and be a fairly small amount of code.

David