Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 21:37:04 +0100

Hallo,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
The next step would be to compare these values with the ones you get on amd64.
But before that, could you please run the base tests on ppc64? Maybe you get
already a failing test there and this would just explain the behaviour. We
always should start looking for an issue from ground up. If base is already
broken there is no use in trying to pin it down in gui.

in base things don't look bad, according to tests:

   9456 Passed tests
     38 Dashed hopes
     14 Skipped sets

All OK!

Did you read my mail about tests I did after Wolfgangs' suggestions? We replied almost together.
The "cast" hack proves that we are investigating in the correct direction.

Riccardo