Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 17:15:01 +0100

> Am 06.01.2021 um 15:41 schrieb Fred Kiefer <FredKiefer@gmx.de>:
>

> The next step would be to compare these values with the ones you get on
> amd64. But before that, could you please run the base tests on ppc64? Maybe
> you get already a failing test there and this would just explain the
> behaviour. We always should start looking for an issue from ground up. If
> base is already broken there is no use in trying to pin it down in gui.

I don’t think you need any further testing. The _highlightsByMask member is
declared as NSInteger in NSButtonCell.h (which means 64 bits on x86-64 and
ppc64) but unarchived as unsigned int in NSButtonCell.m (which means 32 bits)
and big endian architectures as less forgiving on such mismatches.

The same applies to (at least) _showAltState mask.

Wolfgang