Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 01:13:10 +0100

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
thank you for pointing out this issue. As I don’t have a Bigendian 64 bit
system you will have to do the testing to pin this down. First I would propose
that you add a few NSLog statements in NSButtonCell.m after line 1773. Most
likely the data is not aligned in the unsigned int in the way the code expects
it to be. The structure _GSButtonCellFlags is defined in GSCodingFlags.h and
the code expects it to have 32 bits.
Please report back the values you see there (bFlags and buttonCellFlags).

First report is that an NSLog there....  returns nothing, neither when starting Ink nor GWorkspace.

Apparently the other branch is used, the "non-keycoding" at line 1886 and I get a mix of versions 1,2 and 3.
There, I don't fully understand where the values to pe encoded come from.

However, the "look" of the radio button or checkbox looks correct to me, only its state is not correctly displayed and it does not appear to be in those flags, or am I wrong?

Riccardo