Re: Crash on Linux+Clang (NSTimer)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Crash on Linux+Clang (NSTimer)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:57:36 +0100

Hi David,

David Chisnall wrote:
I thought we tested 32-bit in CI, but it turns out we test only 32-bit Windows: for FreeBSD and Linux, we test only 64-bit x86. For another project, we've set up some container thingies to use QEMU user mode for testing other architectures - I'll see if I can set that up for libobjc2 so that we can test ARM as well.  32-bit builds ought to be easy anyway just by adding -m32 to various flags.

As I've written in my PR comment, I tested on FreeBSD x86-32 and everything worked before and after the fix.The ABI should be the same though, right? I did not test much, since I have FreeBSD x86-32 only on a very small and compact laptop I do not develop usually on, only when I do travel, otherwise I just use it.

I'll set-up a more powerful 32bit rig and test further clang+libobjc2 on it.

Riccardo