Re: windowmaker - application icon missing at first start

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: windowmaker - application icon missing at first start
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 23:27:25 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

> I noticed we recently have a strange behaviour, which is slightly
> different from setup (= installation on different computers) to setup I have
>
> The first time I start a GNUstep application with windowmaker (I mean
> the first GNUstep app started ever after X11 start essentially) it has a
> bad icon.
> - on some setup it has a "generic" icon by windowmaker
> - on other setups it has a black looking icon, as only the "mask" of the
> icon, the contours are drawn
>
> A restart of the app and then starting any other app, fixes that.
>

> This was not happening before.

Actually, this has been happening before, but it was fixed about five years ago
in this commit:

https://github.com/gnustep/libs-back/commit/1e1185abb364f2ffcb5f06f62c1241d419b8b697#diff-c3c9abc7461037f8abf3f590d909cff84c39bc7817b79d7dfd379b38a3756385

> I think it is related to at least this
> commit - merge:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/newtab-dev/raw/6be44da368fb869a3d3e1975f515857352a7d9fc/browser/modules/ProcessHangMonitor.jsm

I assume you meant this commit instead

https://github.com/gnustep/libs-back/commit/31b7c4ed2f8efa0127605511aaf4eafef6a3d1c8
And, yes, your suspicion is correct because it exactly comments out the earlier
fix.

Wolfgang