Display issues (Was: Next GNUstep release)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Display issues (Was: Next GNUstep release)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 11:37:15 +0100

Hi,

Sergii Stoian wrote:
Hi,

On Feb 27, 2020, at 23:09, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

before a release, I would like these issues to find a solution.

- understand why we don't work properly on my ThinkPad T23 neither with the
Cairo nor with the xlib backend with similar issues
Could you please be more specific and describe these issues?

I have an issue I am working on with Fred, I can forward you some mail because they contain screenshot and I did not spam the mailing list.

Essentially I discovered that many windows contain "garbage" and what we discovered so far - certain windows width cause garbage do be displayed, resizing the window may cause it do display correctly - this garbage is compatible with an wrong offset increasing for each row (you see diagonal lines if  you have a white window with a border) - the issue happens both with cairo and xlib (recent discovery of two days ago, before we were concentrating on a cairo issue)

it looks like an issue that somwehre a padding/alignment is lost: e.g. width*bytesPerPixel != bytesPerRow, but where?

I have not seen this issue elsewhere. The T23 is itself a pretty standard setup: Devuan ascii, GCC runtime, i386. Only the videocard is a little bit vintage/odd (S3) but it works with any other program except GNUstep :-P

Riccardo