Re: crash when using local display but not remote

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: crash when using local display but not remote
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:28:05 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:53 AM Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

Sergii Stoian wrote:
>> I’ve installed art on debian buster x64 with the gnustep runtime (2.0) from latest source on github.com/gnustep (does it answer your PS, Sergii ?)
> It depends on what version of Debian installed on Riccardo's MIPS machine...

I have debian 4.0 and am limited to a 2.4 kernel. The rest is some sort
of a mix.
gcc 4.1.2 and its own runtime

I don't think this is an "art" bug, but an xlib/x11 issue, since it
happened also when I compiled accidentally with the xlib instead of the
art backend.

For your informatin, I just compiled the art backend again on this small
machine, with all your latest patches after the merge, and it compiles
and also works fine if remote X is displayed.
I usuallky always export display, because the small keyboard is
unsuitable for typing  the build commands :-P

Riccardo

I'm not sure, just an idea: this problem may have relation to enabled multithreading in X11. Probably due to outdated X server.
Could you please try to comment out line in x11/XGServer.m that contains XInitThreads() (line 419) and recompile/reinstall backend?

Sergii