Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] NSPopUpButton's popup menu in pulldown mode displ

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] NSPopUpButton's popup menu in pulldown mode displaying fix (#43)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:05:49 +0100

HI Sergii,

here is what a pull down NSPopUpButton looks like on Cocoa:

This button has three items („Pull Down“, „Item 2“, „Item 3“). Only the later two get displayed in the popup menu.
At least for the standard theme we aim for a similar display within GNUstep. If you want something else a theme or a user option would be the way to go. Or a decision to change the default.

At the moment I would say that Wolfgang and I are against your change and the rest of GNUstep has not stated an opinion. Maybe it would help to show different possibilities in pictures.
Could you pease post how a similar button looks with your new code?

Fred