Re: Working on XIB document support

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Working on XIB document support
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 08:39:27 -0500

This is excellent news.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019, 4:47 AM Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
I just want to let you know that I have started to integrate the
Eggplant code for XIB document loading, that is the newer XIB format,
into GNUstep gui. Over the weekend I managed to integrate a minimal
version of the code into a git branch and get it compile with gcc. The
next step is to clean up the code further and test it with some real XIB
files. That is why I am writing to you :-)

I am looking for some real live applications where you have modern XIB
files and would like to reuse these on GNUstep. Preferable without
custom classes otherwise you will have to provide the source code as well.

Don't expect too much from this effort. I have a week off from work (too
much holidays left) but there are other competing projects I plan to
spend time on:
- Perparring house and garden for the winter
- Go to the Hans Baldung Grien exhibition in Karlsruhe or spend a day up
in the Black forest
- Plenty of reading to catch up with
- Help a befriended company with their software issues
- Plus plenty of smaller stuff that needs to be taken care of

Cheers,
Fred