Re: FYI and a few questions...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: FYI and a few questions...
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:38:53 -0400

On 7/27/07, Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:
2) Also, please stay away from names such as "gs*" as such things are trite and overused.

Well, I chose gssaver for a lack of better, and shorter, description.  The only other idea I had was gscreensaver, note the "s" after the "g" isn't for "step" but for "screen".  The other option would be just "ssaver".

3) Also, I don't believe that a screen saver tool should go into the
GNUstep main project.   It should likely go into a separate project,
such as GAP, Etoile or it's own project outside of the main project.

Well, the project isn't just a tool!  What I actually wanted to do was implement the ScreenSaver framework.  The tool is just a daemon to start and stop the screen savers.  I was thinking about putting it either in GNUstep or GAP, thought I'd mention it to GNUstep first though.

1) How to make it not eat up CPU cycles like crazy.... and
2) how to make it omnipresent ( i.e. appearing on all desktops) in a *PORTABLE* way.

(1) Probably applies to my implementation, but since I'm not worried about the window being omnipresent (2) doesn't matter.  The ScreenSaver framework only does full screen saver, and doesn't mention putting them on the background like InnerSpace does.

Stefan