Re: Use gnustep-make for SimpleWebKit on Mac

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Use gnustep-make for SimpleWebKit on Mac
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:06:00 -0700

On 7/15/07, Riccardo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 2007-07-12 20:44:23 +0200 "Yen-Ju Chen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use gnustep-make on Mac and GNUstep.
> Here is a patch to make it work for SimpleWebKit.
> I know there is a xcode project for Mac.
> So developers can decide whether to use this patch.

thanks. I had to modify it a bit, but it should still work for you.
Commited.

 Thanx. But the SWKBrowser/GNUmakefile.postamble
 should use 'tab' instead of 'space'. Otherwise, it will break.
 I think your text editor converts 'tab' into 'space' automatically.

 Another thing I notice is that I cannot subclass WebView.
 For example, in SWKBrowser, if I create a subclass of WebView in
MyDocument.nib
 and use that subclass for webView outlet in MyDocument class, it will crash.
 I attach an example of SWKBrowser.
 You can look MyDocument.nib and simply switch between WebView and
 PlainWebView class for webView outlet.
 It happens in another project I am playing with,
 which also subclass WebView.

 I suspect it is because there are WebKit and SimpleWebKit on Mac.
 SimpleWebKit/WebKit.h uses <WebKit/Web...>,
 which may refer to Apple WebKit instead of SimpleWebKit.
 Therefore, it mess up the compiler.
 My suggestion is to use <SimpleWebKit/Web...> for all SimpleWebKit headers.
 But I may be wrong in this issue or do the wrong thing.
 Just let you know the problem.
 I use gnustep-make for all the testing because in SimpleWebKit.xcodeproj,
 it seems to link to WebKit.framework instead of SimpleWebKit.framework.
 I have other problem with xcode. So I cannot test it with xcode.

 Yen-Ju

-R