Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:48:21 +0100

Hi,

it depends on what you want to do. I tweaked gstep-make so that it
supports MacOSX-PB, I can send this stuff to Adam/you, probably he likes
to integrate that into the 'official' gstep-make.
Gstep-make is nice in this environment since it can support basically
any library-combo combination :-)

I do not think that you can easily compile gstep-base with Darwin, since
Darwin does not have a GNU ObjC compiler yet (this is work in progress
by Stan Shebs). If I remember right I almost finished compiling
libFoundation on top of the nx-runtime (the nx-lf-nil-nil combo), but
currently I use the nx-nx-nil-nil combo (that is, NeXT runtime, NeXT
Foundation) to compile all my other stuff.

Regarding Cocoa: Note that you can't easily mix GNUstep and Cocoa stuff
! To write a Cocoa backend you probably can't use gstep-base and the GNU
ObjC runtime, that is, you need to use a combo nx-nx-gui-cocoa.

Greetings
  Helge

--
SKYRIX Software AG  http://www.skyrix.com/