gnurobots

[Gnurobots] Stable release?

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: [Gnurobots] Stable release?
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 23:56:14 -0600

I added gnurobots to guix, which uses stable releases to securely
verify the source code's checksums. The latest stable release we have of
gnurobots is 1.2.0 which the FTP server
<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnurobots/> says dates to 2008. It uses a lot
of deprecated functions in outdated libraries. I see in the git repo on
savannah <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnurobots.git>
there has been a lot of work on gnurobots through June 2017, including
an update to more recent APIs. What needs to be done to publish a stable
release so I can upgrade the package? Can I get a roadmap please?

-Jesse