gnunet-developers

Re: NSE service PoW

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: NSE service PoW
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 09:08:28 +0100

Well, the NSE service *only* gives you an estimate of the size of the network that is somewhat expensive for a Sybil attacker to inflate. It is used by the DHT to "safely" tune certain internal parameters. I do not know if it would be useful for Sybil mitigations beyond the DHT.

Also, please do not CC help-gnunet on these questions, just the developer mailing list should be more than enough!