gnunet-developers

Packaging problems

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: Packaging problems
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:08:03 +0000 (UTC)

More or less, from my work back then and observations still today: complexity
is to blame (and complex scenarios). Only people involved in gnunet at some
point or close to the project managed to create correct packages.
With my pkgsrc hat on: almost nobody gets paid to do packaging work. Updates
happen whenever someone cares for or has the time, we're all just human with
limited time for this.
I can understand the view on this, I've given up ar some point and it is solely
a responsibly of packagers. Emails help in some cases.