gnunet-developers

Open positions

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Open positions
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 17:50:57 +0100

Dear fellow GNU hackers,

We are looking to hire software developers to write Free Software
related to GNUnet/pEp and/or GNU Taler.  There are several open
positions, some with significant flexibility to location (but also
depending on the position). Part-time/full-time employment or contract
work are generally possible. Overall, we are looking for the following
skills:

* Android application developer (Kotlin, mostly UI, but knowledge of
  networking stacks (NFC, REST) or cryptography would be helpful)
  [Note: no Google Play, resulting app must also work on F-Droid.]
* iOS application developer (mostly UI, but knowledge of
  networking or cryptography would be helpful)
  [Note: we will dual-license to be able to be listed in the
   App store, but recommend users to jail break and use GPL edition.]
* Windows C++ application developers
* Rust system programmers (cryptographic background strongly preferred)
* Python/Django developers
* TypeScript frontend engineer (React and Web Extensions)
* z/OS system programmer (familiar with GNU Toolchain, preferably with
  banking experience)
* Postgres database administrator (we eventually need sharding,
synchronous and
  asynchonous replication, optimization, secure setup, high-availability,
  continuous operation); we do NOT need fancy SQL hacks (no "analytics")
* Technical writers
* UI/UX designers

If you have any of these skills and want to work on privacy-enhancing
Free Software, please contact me with a description of your skills,
preferred type of employment (full time, part time, contract), current
location, and whether relocation is conceivable for you.

Thanks!

Christian