gnunet-developers

[GNUnet-developers] file sharing

From: Catonano
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] file sharing
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 11:38:13 +0100

I managed to share a file with a friend of mine through Gnunet

In both directions: he downloaded a file I had shared (as some of you have done too) AND I have downloaded a file that he had shared

So now I have a few questions about the Gnunet file sharing system

How does it work ?

Do I need to "seed" it as I would do with bittorrent in order to keep it available ?

Or, can I go off line and it will still be fetchable by people ?

Currently i am hosting my personal blog on DAT but I'm not happy with it for some reasons

I'm thinking about hosting it on Gnunet.

Is that advisable ?
Is there any specific notion I should keep in mind in doing so ?

I am tempted by the idea off hosting web content without paying any hoster and without paying for a domain name

Hosting my stufff with resources I already have, my laptop and a quite decent adsl connection

Thanks in advance