gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] user identification problems

From: khp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] user identification problems
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:32:24 +0200

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:41:53 +0200
khp <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi list
>
> After upgrading gnump3d to 2.9.9.9-1, I get a "401 OK" (no connection to
> server), even with a successful login. If I remove the "password protection"
> in /etc/gnump3d/gnump3d.conf, there's  no problem at all... The file
> ".password" is in the music root directory, with the same permisssions as
> always (read permission por "gnump3d" user, as that's the user specified in
> config file). No options specified in /etc/default/gnump3d. Using Debian
> Etch... Any idea?
>
> Thanks for keeping this software alive, Steve ;)
>
> Antonio

Hi again

Obviously, I've been testing the problem, and I've found something funny: the
music root directory is /var/music. Gnump3d for the users outside the LAN and
mpd for the LAN users, besides another machine with freevo, use that directory
or soft-links to it. In /var/music, I have two subdirectories, one is "music"
and the other is "to be recorded". Well, I've found that with the ".password"
file in each of the subdirectories, everything works ok with gnump3d, except
for the fact that anyone can see gnump3d main page. Whenever you enter a
subdirectory, you're prompted with user/password and there is connection
without problems. But... a password is asked too in the freevo machine.
It is clear that this is not a solution, but more an added trouble...
I guessed it was a permissions problem... however, everything's like it always
has been, that is, gnump3d is the owner of /var/music recursively and it has
read permission.
Nobody had this problem with the new version? Can someone tell me which
.password file permissions should have?

thanks ;)

Antonio

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.