gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:49:45 +0100

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:39:00AM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:

> I was one of the people who opposed a DB backend. I would not at this
> time be opposed to an SQLite backend. I would definitely welcome the
> benefits you listed!

  :)

> One of my issues has been that it is difficult (for
> me) to customize the look. Lot's of pieces in different locations that
> have to be modified in sync today (I use v2.9.7).

  True.  That would be a big step forward.  I'd expect each
 page to have its own template and each *plugin* to also have
 its own template.   Then I would absolutely forbid the use of
 literal HTML in any of the scripts/plugins.  That way things would
 only ever need to be changed in the templates.

> So, I'm supportive of
> a 3.0 w/ SQLite, HTML::Template, etc. (Although it would be nice to drop
> the "mp3" out of the name since it is too specific to one format.)
> -RPM

  Changing names is hard, but I guess a new accronym could be
 constructed and the 3 would be for v3 ;)

Steve