gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] Streaming movie files?

From: Jort Rupert
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Streaming movie files?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:43:09 +0100

I tried to stream video files with it, but they did not start playing
immediately. 'mplayer' on Linux starts immediately, but on Windows nearly always the file was downloaded first (completely) and then played. Maybe this
also depends on the used file format itself.

Is it possible (has someone tried) to make video streaming working as
expected?

I think this has to do with the preferences/configuration of the media player you approach your gnump3d. As you already said, it does work with mplayer, and does not work in combination with Windows Media Player. I tested it as well and it works with Quicktime on a Mac for me and also with mplayer on Linux.

I can remember a setting in Quicktime that was something like "download file completely before playback". There should be something similar in Windows Media Player, I guess.