gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] Problem with a non-root user

From: Ville Lehtinen
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Problem with a non-root user
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:47:41 +0300

Hello,

 I'm using gnump3d 2.9.3 on a Gentoo Linux, but having problems running
daemon as 'gnump3d'.  First of all, everything runs smoothly as root,
but this is not what I want.

 I have my MP3's in a top-level directory, '/mp3'.  Every directory has
an access permission and ownership like this:
        drwxr-s--- root:mp3
And files like:
        -rw-r----- root:mp3

 User gnump3d has been added to group 'mp3', of course.  The following
problems occur when operating via web browser:

- Browsing files, and clicking on a file gives an error:
The requested file This_and_that.mp3.m3u couldn't be found. Please try
returning to the index.

- Random selection, which should send a simple playlist, sends a file
which is named 'play'.  When given to XMMS, nothing happens.  I tried
renamed the file to 'playlist.m3u' and opened it in XMMS; files were
shown correctly in the playlist, but every single one were skipped when
playback was attempted.

 I don't know what to do here.