gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3-Tags?

From: Laura Ohrndorf
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3-Tags?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:03:44 +0100

Steve Kemp <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Is there a way to get correct ID3-Tags with Gnump3d?
> >
> > I wanted to submit to http://www.audioscrobbler.com, but this is not
> > working when listening to streams via Gnump3d because I only have a
> > "cryptic" title-tag and no artist-tag.
>
>   Please give an example of both what you expect and what you get.
>
>   It is not clear exactly what you're meaning.

Ok, I'm playing the playlists(m3u-files) with xmms.
When right-clicking on them and clicking on info you can see the
ID3-tag. But unlike the mp3-files I play directly with xmms (not
streaming via gnump3d) the only tag set is "title" and it contains the
path. For example it's
http://192.168.55.22:8888/10.000%20Maniacs/10%2C000%20Maniacs%20-%20Jezebel.mp3

In the m3u-file it looks like:
#EXTINF: ,10 - 10,000 Maniacs - 10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged - Jezebel [
Pop - 04:23 / 4Mb ]
http://192.168.55.22:8888/10.000%20Maniacs/10%2C000%20Maniacs%20-%20Jezebel.mp3

Seems to be correct. Maybe it's a xmms-bug?

TYA,
 Laura