gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] password-protection for special URLs

From: Ray Tran
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] password-protection for special URLs
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:20:18 +0000

Bernd,
I have a .password file and I absolutely can't see anything without
authenticating first. If you can, then maybe you have the file in the
wrong place or there is a bug in your version. FYI, my .password
file is in the "root" defined in gnump3d.conf and I'm running v2.8.

Bernd Gauweiler wrote:
I guess each newbie has 3 freebies, so here's my third one:

How do I password-protect the special URLs, such as /prefs, /stats, etc?

I guess what I am after is some global lock-out mechanism. I understand the .password file, but that still allows to see quite a lot of details, including the complete music collection (go Custom Playlists). Granted it won't play to unauthenticated users, but ideally the unauthorized visitor would see nothing at all, right?

Any advice gratefully accepted,
Bernd

ATB,
Ray